Serving the New Hartford and Utica, NY Area Since 1993 | 315-738-1800
Patient Education Center
Our Patient Information Center
Learn More About Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is designed to promote natural, surgery-free healing through the proper alignment of the body's structures, especially the spine.
Our goal is not to administer drugs that mask your pain but to uncover the source of the pain and correct the problem.
Why Chiropractic Treatments Work
Your central nervous system controls all of your body's functions and is protected by the vertebrae of your spine. When those vertebrae are out of line, they can disrupt the operation of the nervous system and lead to various physical problems such as backaches, headaches, numbness, and more.
Your chiropractor works to address those problems by moving the vertebrae back into place.
One of the Safest Forms of Medical Care
Chiropractic treatments are one of the safest medical practices available. Your chiropractor has fully studied the body's systems and mechanics in training programs not unlike those undertaken by a medical doctor.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, more than 30 million people visited chiropractic doctors last year and received treatments for a variety of ailments. In fact, more and more medical doctors are referring their patients to chiropractors for care.
Treating a Wide Variety of Ailments
Preventative and wellness care
Lower back pain
Neck and shoulder pain
Bed wetting for children
Women who suffer spinal discomfort during pregnancy
Childhood problems such as colic and inner ear infections
Other health issues
Follow Our Top 5 Wellness Tips
In between your visits to New Hartford Chiropractic Associates, there are a number of ways you can keep your body - and especially your back - in good health.
These tips are going to sound pretty familiar because it turns out your mother was right!
Sit up straight
- Good posture makes a great difference in the way your back feels.
Eat your vegetables
- Nutrition is essential for overall health because it helps the body repair itself and helps you keep your weight down. Carrying extra weight puts a lot of strain on your back!
Turn off that TV
- Get up and move around. Go for a walk. Play outside. Exercise regularly. When you are forced to sit for long periods, such as at work, stretch regularly.
Put that down
- Be wary of lifting things that are too heavy. Always lift with your legs, not your back. If you have to carry a backpack, don't sling it over one shoulder. Minimize its use as much as possible and only carry what you need.
Go to sleep
- Sleep is essential but don't sleep on your stomach, which can strain your neck and back muscles. Learn to sleep on your side or back.
For more information, come see us at 1 Oxford Road, Suite 200 or call 315-738-1800. If you want additional knowledge on chiropractic treatments, visit ChiroACCESS.
Schedule an Appointment
We can help with your headaches, migraines, arthritis and fibromyalgia problems.
About Our Business
For over 24 years, New Hartford Chiropractic Associates have helped patients through spinal compression, laser treatment, and other chiropractic services.
We accept many insurances and workers' compensation cases. Same-day appointments are available. We offer free Wi-Fi in our offices.