Meet the Doctors
Philip T. Dontino, DC, DAAPM, DACNB, FABDA, CICE
- Diplomate–American Academy of Pain Management
- Diplomate–American Chiropractic Neurology Board
- Fellow–American Board of Disability Analysts
- Certified–Independent Chiropractic Examiner
Dr. Dontino attended high school locally in Utica, NY at Notre Dame prior to attending the University of Rochester. He graduated from the University of Rochester in 1987 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Genetics. He then attended Chiropractic College at New York Chiropractic College where he graduated with honors and distinctions in 1991. He was appointed to the clinical staff at the newly formed Syracuse Health Center–a NY Chiropractic College affiliated outpatient teaching facility, where he was promoted to Assistant Clinical Professor prior to leaving this position in 1998 for a full time private practice. He has had his practice at the 1 Oxford Road office since 1993.
Dr. Dontino has earned numerous post–graduate designations through ongoing studies. He earned his Diplomate from the American Chiropractic Association (ACA), sponsored American Chiropractic Neurology Board (ACNB) in 1995, Diplomate of the American Academy of Pain Management (AAPM) in 1997, Fellow for the American Board of Disability Analyst (ABDA) in 1998 and was one of the first chiropractors in the United States certified by the American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians as an independent chiropractic examiner in 1998. Dr. Dontino is certified in the performance and interpretation of needle EMG and NCV studies through his completion of a yearlong post–graduate program through the New York Chiropractic College in 2007.
Dr. Dontino focuses on the diagnosis and management of neurologic and musculoskeletal disorders. This includes the interpretation of MRI, performance and interpretation of needle EMG/NCV studies, computerized dynamic posturography tests and balance testing in order to formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan. The goals of the treatment are both pain management and restoration of function, which are accomplished through the use of non–surgical and non–medicinal therapies, which include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments
- Non–surgical spinal decompression therapy for the cervical and lumbar spine
- Functional neurologically based procedures
- Rehabilitative exercises including state of the art application of ATM–Pro II Functional Rehabilitation System
- Adjunctive physical therapy modalities such as electrical muscle stimulation, interferential therapy, ultrasound, cryotherapy, and heat applications.
Patricia Taylor–Dontino, DC, DABCO
- Diplomate–American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists
Dr. Patricia Taylor is originally from Queens, New York. She is a graduate of St. Francis Prepatory School and St. John’s University, both in Queens, New York. Dr. Taylor graduated from New York Chiropractic College in 1991 and has been in private practice since that time. She has been at the present location of 1 Oxford Road since 1993. Dr. Taylor earned Diplomate status from the American Chiropractic Sponsored American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists (ABCO) in 1997.
Dr. Taylor focuses on the diagnosis and management of both orthopedic and musculoskeletal disorders. This includes the interpretation of diagnostic tests such as x-rays, CT, MRI and EMG/NCV studies. The goal of treatment is pain management and restoration of function, which are accomplished through the use of non-surgical and non-medicinal therapies, which include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Non-surgical spinal decompression therapy of the cervical and lumbar spine
- Rehabilitative exercises – including the application of state of the art ATM – Pro II Rehabilitation System
- Orthopedic bracing and stabilization
- Adjunctive therapy modalities including electrical muscle stimulation, interferential therapy, ultrasound, cryotherapy and heat applications
Request an appointment today!
We look forward to meeting you. learn more
We Can Help
We treat patients for a variety of injuries and conditions, including:
- Auto, Work, Sports and Personal Injuries
- Neck, Shoulder, Arm Pain/Numbness
- Lower Back, Hip, Knee and Leg Pain/Numbness
- Headaches, Migraines, Arthritis and Fibromyalgia
- Disc Herniations / Ruptures / Bulges & Degenerative Disc Disease
Patient Education Center:
View interactive videos about conditions and treatment options and read useful articles learn more